Anyone figured out how to feedback control one of the Avantco induction burners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamorgan3777

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know this has been talked about but has anyone come up with a solution? Like my induction burner but looking to do some tighter mash temp control so was wondering if anyone has found a way to skin this proverbial cat?

The only hack I'm aware of was by someone here on HBT who had removed the sensor from underneath the plate and mounted it inside a thermowell (with longer wires) to better control the actual temp of the liquid, by still using the built-in temp settings of the unit. This was an IC3500. I think it worked more precisely that way, but not perfect, IIRC.

He later sold the unit. I now wish I had bought it, with the hack.

I don't think so. You'd need to basically tear it apart and re-engineer the control boards.

Thats what I was thinking. I assume it CAN be done, but not necessarily that easy. There was some issue with cycling the power to it.

I am toying with building a direct element unit that runs on 110.

Back