Anyone ever made bottles of beer for promotional purposes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I work as an independent IT consultant. I was thinking of producing bottles of "Cloud Computing" beer with my company name on it to give to prospective clients or provide at meetups (no charge). Perhaps something hazy to go with the theme. Cool and catchy label of course.

Any advice or pitfalls?

Has anyone heard of microbreweries that do any kind of private label work like this? I still have my AG equipment but haven't had time to brew in a while so I've been out of the game.

Thanks.

I work as an independent IT consultant. I was thinking of producing bottles of "Cloud Computing" beer with my company name on it to give to prospective clients or provide at meetups (no charge). Perhaps something hazy to go with the theme. Cool and catchy label of course.

Any advice or pitfalls?

Has anyone heard of microbreweries that do any kind of private label work like this? I still have my AG equipment but haven't had time to brew in a while so I've been out of the game.

Thanks.

I own a remodeling company and on bigger additions/remodels I will leave a couple of bottles of wine with clients. I make my own wine also. I have never done so with beer, but do not see why not.

I print off labels on the computer, and it generally includes either a picture of their finished product or the blue print. I also incorporate their name somehow, like "Johnson Vineyards" or "chateau Smith" stuff like that.

If you are going to stick with 1 beer type you can have labels professionally made for around $40

The only words of advice I can offer are 1) make sure your client drinks beer, 2) make sure your beer isn't awful, and 3) make the bottles look as professional as possible.

For my wine I use appropriate sized labels, corks and foil shrink wraps in different colors over cork. I also use brand new bottles.

Good luck, and post some pix if you move forward.

PS, make sure to include contact info on labels to your consulting company.

Any advice or pitfalls?

Thanks.

If you are buying beer from a microbrewery that puts your advertising label on it and are giving away the beer, there are no laws in Florida that prohibits that. You are buying from the microbrewery who makes the product and are not reselling the beer to your clients. No different as if you bought bottles of beer or wine to give to clients....the label with your name on it doesn't change anything.

If you brew your own, and are not selling the beer, you may give the beer as gifts....Again, there is no Florida law that prohibits it. Obviously, you cannot exceed the annual gallons per year limits.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrewing-rights/statutes/florida/

Back