Anyone ever disgorge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinghole

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I got my champagne corker last week and bottled up my batch of wine. I've been capping some beer off into champagne bottles and figured since I had belgian corks and cages on hand I'd give it a shot. I had sort of planned this for a little while. I had started the riddling process a few weeks ago with plans of giving it a shot. After bottling up all the wine I stuck the beer bottles in the freezer to get the necks frozen. Once I could see ice formation in the neck I took them to my sink popped the cap off which spit out the yeast sediment and then I corked them. The first one I sucked at and now looks like a short fill bottle. The second one I was much better with the process. I was thinking I could age some beers with yeast for a while then disgorge and cork. I think the trick would be to slightly over fill the bottle closer to the neck so you have a proper amount left after disgorging. Then again I could just need more practice.

Ever try disgorging with a swing-top bottle? I do it all the time. No need to freeze anything. Just store the bottle upside down after filling. When ready to drink, hold the bottle top over a sink with the lever side down, press on the hinges gently but firmly until the bottle opens just a crack for a second, and the sediment will be ejected from the bottle. Close the bottle up again and you have clear beer all the way. Try it!

Ever try disgorging with a swing-top bottle? I do it all the time. No need to freeze anything. Just store the bottle upside down after filling. When ready to drink, hold the bottle top over a sink with the lever side down, press on the hinges gently but firmly until the bottle opens just a crack for a second, and the sediment will be ejected from the bottle. Close the bottle up again and you have clear beer all the way. Try it!

so like a conical for beer bottles?

Discorge? Thou we were talking about drinking too much and forcing a throw up lol

MY UNDERSTANDING OF THIS, IS IT'S A TECHNIQUE FOR DRINKING HOMEBREW OUT OF THE BOTTLE?

(sorry for the caps, didn't know my caps key was set, and didn't want to retype the whole line. so i decided to type this instead... 🤔 :mug:)

Back