Anyone Ever Build a Coffin with Storage Access

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1765

Reaction score
I am looking for ideas on building a Coffin style keezer with a tower, but also with storage access for bottled beer without having to open the whole top. Maybe just accessing one side for the beer bottles. Please share pics if you have done this.

Thanks

I saw a picture online of a coffin keezer with a small hatch cut into the lid, to the side of the tower, to access the inside without raising the entire top. I'll see if I can find the picture to post later, I think I saved it on my computer at home.

The sides are typically where the cooling coils are, so unless you're graced with a lot of talent in refrigeration you're better off steering clear of cutting them. I like that hatch idea though.

The sides are typically where the cooling coils are, so unless you're graced with a lot of talent in refrigeration you're better off steering clear of cutting them. I like that hatch idea though.

I have no plan to cut the side, I'm only talking about one side of the top.

I am looking for ideas on building a Coffin style keezer with a tower, but also with storage access for bottled beer without having to open the whole top. Maybe just accessing one side for the beer bottles. Please share pics if you have done this.

Thanks

Here's a great example of exactly what you are trying to do. Really cool build from another member here. I wish I had gone with a larger freezer now so I could incorporate this into my keezer.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=298719

attachment.php

Back