Anyone else brewing today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theguy

Reaction score
So what is everyone brewing today? I am making a 10 gallon batch of an English Brown. I doughed in around 8:45 this morning. Life is good!

I'm waiting for my wife to bring me my hops. I started my yeast about an hour ago and will start the mash a bit later when my friend gets here. I;m not sure what I'm making yet. I have 12 lbs light munich and might try toasting a bit of it to get a toastier flavor. Who knows. I still have the day to decide.

I'm waiting for my wife to bring me my hops. I started my yeast about an hour ago and will start the mash a bit later when my friend gets here. I;m not sure what I'm making yet. I have 12 lbs light munich and might try toasting a bit of it to get a toastier flavor. Who knows. I still have the day to decide.

Did you have any thing in mind or were you just going to wing it?

Chocolate hazelnut porter boiling right now!

Man that sounds good. I am about 30 minutes away from boil. Screwed up my mashtun capacity calculation and need a second sparge. Doesn't look like I will get this wrapped up before football starts.

"How much you wanna bet I can throw a foot ball over them mountains?"
I didnt have anything in mind in particular. Most of the time I see what I have on hand or my friends will trade me for adn do the mystery beer approach. I like screwing around and seeing what happens. I need to start writting these things down....... I've made some butt kickin brews so far just trying different things. Honey back pilsner, cascade stout, bread simcoe brown ale, those were some of the latest. THey all turned out awesome. I have some grain coming in the next week and I'll be going like crazy before Christmas to make enough to give it as gifts. But today is munich and chinook with some home grown cascade and I've started toasting about a pound to see what happens.

"How much you wanna bet I can throw a foot ball over them mountains?"
I didnt have anything in mind in particular. Most of the time I see what I have on hand or my friends will trade me for adn do the mystery beer approach. I like screwing around and seeing what happens. I need to start writting these things down....... I've made some butt kickin brews so far just trying different things. Honey back pilsner, cascade stout, bread simcoe brown ale, those were some of the latest. THey all turned out awesome. I have some grain coming in the next week and I'll be going like crazy before Christmas to make enough to give it as gifts. But today is munich and chinook with some home grown cascade and I've started toasting about a pound to see what happens.

I kind of keep notes, but they aren't very organized. Normally I take the invoice from the order and jot down some notes. I really need to try and log everything in one place. Also, I haven't tried any of my own recipes as of yet. I will usually tweak an existing recipe here and there, but haven't built one from the ground up. My next brew will be something for next summer, so I may tweak the cream ale recipe I used last time to add more bold hop flavor/aroma. Just thinking out loud!

Got an Amber that just started boiling. Trying for something close to a Fat Tire, but not sure how it will be. Combined 3-4 recipies into something that sounded good to me.

Beer Smith is great for recording recipies and notes.

I am waiting for FedEx to deliver my equipment and my kit so I can get started. :D

Cream Stout it will be.

Edit: FedEx arrived!

Time to get cleansed and Star-San everything. My first brew and I'm really excited.

I've got my first 10g batch mashing in my brand new cooler tun with homemade fb right now. I hope it works. Today's brew day has gone way too smoothly, with only a slight blip when I had to dump my first strike water since I forgot to rinse my cooler after converting it. I had heated plenty of water (15g), so not a problem really.

I'm doing the All Grain Boddington's clone from Austin Home Brew. It will be my first beer on my new nitrogen setup.

No brewing today, just a transfer from my primary to my secondary on my 1st batch ever. Smells like beer so I hope I did everything correctly so far.

I just finished brewing a "Landlord" clone I bought from northern brewer. I'm using the Wyeast limited edition 1469 West Yorkshire yeast so I'm really excited about this one. However the crush from Northern Brewer was awful, my eff was 59%! I had to add some DME to correct it. Other than that, a nice brewday.

I did a heavy handed ball smackin toastey munich something............. Not sure what it is but man it smells good. AND I had enough good stuff left that I did a mini boil with the run off of the first sparge adn have a gallon of Father in Law swill to happily hand him instead of my good stuff (which he doesnt appreciate at all) Wasted all my highland Gaelic ales......... DRANK a whole six pack and complained about every one of them............. Bugger better be glad I was at work........... All that work and...................... never mind.............. I'll be a father in law some day too so I better pay in to teh Karam pot for my own benefit later.

Back