anycontrol ac-211?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamLucko

Reaction score
Just bought this digital temperature control unit from ontariobeerkegs. It looks cool and has a cool and a heat setting.. however I have no idea how to use it . Its instruction paper gives all the schematics but doesn't actually tell you how to use the darn thing. Any help would be great. I am going to use it for my keezer. It has 2 plug-ins (I assume 1 for the heater and 1 for the refrigeration). I don't even know what one to plug the keezer into...

Any ideas or some input on how these work or how any temp control worls would be great!

I'm really dumb at this stuff but I can build a keezer in an hour or so that looks awesome. I included a pic as well
anycontrol ac-211.jpg

thanks

Adam

Hi Adam,
This isn't anything official, but this is what I've managed to figure out so far in regards to the AC-211.

Buttons:
- Up
- Down
- Settings
- Save/Exit

Hold down the Settings button for 3 seconds or so to enter the temperature settings. The first (flashing) temperature it will show will not have any icon to the left. This appears to be the differential settings, or how close you wish to maintain the temperature to your target temp. A setting of 1 degree here will keep the temperature within 1 degree of your target.

Press the setting button again and you'll be taken to the Cooling temperature. This will have a snowflake icon to the left. This is your desired target temperature. Setting this to 4 degrees Celsius and the Differential to 1 degree will maintain the temperature between 4 and 5 degrees (or 3 and 5 - I'm not sure). So the temperature will always be within 1 degree of 4 degrees Celsius. Using this will require you to plug your keezer into the socket labelled "II".

Press the setting button again and you'll be taken to the Heating temperature although you probably won't care what this is set to, and it would require you plugging into socket "I". As you're using this for a keezer you shouldn't be using this setting, nor the socket.

Press the Save/Exit button and you should be good to go. When the temperature goes beyond your desired temperature range you should see the snowflake icon come on and your keezer should fire up.

Another example: Setting the Differential to 3 degrees and your Cooling temp to 5 degrees Celsius should maintain the temp between 5 and 8 degrees Celsius. So, your lowest temperature is your Cooling temp, and your upper temp is your Cooling temp *plus* your Differential.

Hopefully that gets you started and I'll post again if I figure anything else out with it.

Note, the unit appears to have a 3-minute timeout between cycling your keezer's compressor power so that it won't be constantly powering the unit on and off. This reduces the wear and tear on the compressor.

--Mark.

Thanks for the info. I had to do a few trial and errors with a light and a freezer. However it turns out that the first setting is what you want the "keezer" to sit at. The sun icon is when the cooling cycle begins and the snowflake icon is when the heater is supposed to kick in. THey both stop at exactly the first set temperature. There is that 3 minute compressor delay that will help with power consumption and will save the compressor. it also has a 1 degree accuracy. I do like this machine but its just to bad I couldn't set it to decimal points. its intrevals are by whole numbers/

Thanks again for the help and I guess I'll leave this posting up just in case!?

Adam

I think I've figured out how to use it: like the other posts says, press and hold the settings button (3rd one). First flashing number is your desired temperature. Second one has a flashing snowflake. This is the temperature differential for cooling. If you set it to 1, the cold will turn on within 1 degree of the desired temperature. Press setting again, and you'll get the flashing sun. This is the heating differential. Same as the cold, set it to 1, and it will turn on with 1 degree of your desired temperature. When this is done, press the save/exit button (4th button).

So let's say you've set the desired temperature to 18. If you've set the cold and heating differentials to 1, cold turns on at 19, heat turns on at 17. I got this from the almost illegible instructions, tried it out, and it seems to work. Hope it helps.

ive just bought that device as well, but it seem i cant go higher than 16'C
it is fine for some beer but there is some i need to go to 18'C or 20'C

any clue on this problem?

yes i was mistaken the differential, didnt feel like einstein there

but after finally fixing my set temp it seem that is the temperature is higher there is no problem to go down with me freezer being in the second plug in
but when i am lower than my temperature (lower eaven than my 1 degree variation) it doesnt go up, and when i plug it into the first plug in my compressor start up with the sun on. so there have to be something i am missing here there is no way that i would have to plug and unplug depending on the temp in the freezer heh?

sorry for the miss spell i am french

edit: so i figured that it should be plug in the first plug in the heat one since i am always trying to bring my temp back up to 18'C, but after watching it as soon as the sun flash came up it started *heating* but actually was freezing and was going as low as 14'C so i got my beer out of there open the lid of the freezer to bring back my temp and do an other test...

edit #2: is it possible some freezer don't heat up?

edit#3: so there it is i open the lid of the freezer waited until it hit 20'C i plug the cord into the second socket (my desire temp being 18) it started my compressor and started to bring the temp down to 18 but went on until 14. So i let it sit lid down for 2 hours openning it time to time with the coord of freezer unnatched and let it sit at 16'C, so i plug the cord back but this time on the socket number one the one for heating, it started the compressor but started the process of freezing at 14 'C in 1 minute i just unplug it and said **** it i got to go on the forum.

freezer or model ac-211 problem?
my other option is to get my money back and try the model johnson controls A19AAT-2C freezer temperature controller

what do you guys think?
would some wiring be necessary?

alright i finally got it, i"ve put the sensor in a bowl of water things work great now and will keep my compressor alive longer, and i have learned that a freezer doesn't heat up haha

Back