Anybody using the Tap-A-Draft system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESPY

Reaction score
Since I'm not ready to commit the ~$300 required to set up a full size keg system, I've been considering a mini-keg system as an intermediate step. Is anybody using or know of someone who uses the Tap-A-Draft system? If so, how do you /they like it?

I'm also curious about the dimensions of the bottles. It says it fits on most refrigerator shelves, but they're 6-L bottles. It seems like they'd be pretty big and would take up a lot of space.

SP

I'm using one now. I have one of the 6L bottles in our fridge now, they aren't terribly big really.

I can't recommend force carbonating because it will just suck through the little cartridges (It took 4 to carbonate and 2 to serve).

It's alright but as soon as we move I'm ditching it and going for a real kegging system.

zprime said:
I'm using one now. I have one of the 6L bottles in our fridge now, they aren't terribly big really.

I can't recommend force carbonating because it will just suck through the little cartridges (It took 4 to carbonate and 2 to serve).

It's alright but as soon as we move I'm ditching it and going for a real kegging system.

Can you tell me the approximate length and diameter of the bottles?

Thanks,
SP

Back