Anybody Else Watch Brew Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindsculptor

Reaction score
I got a kick out of the Boston episode with Jim Koch where they brewed up a fruit of the sea stout. What's everybody else's favorite episode.

Boiling at 14,000 feet with solar energy was pretty cool. That engineer they bring around can build some amazing crap, especially that boat brewing jig from the episode you mentioned.

Boiling at 14,000 feet with solar energy was pretty cool. That engineer they bring around can build some amazing crap, especially that boat brewing jig from the episode you mentioned.

I know, right? Somebody needs to find this guy and convince him to start a company building brew sculptures.

I watch it. Enjoy the Scottish sense of humor.

Inspired me to try some different brands and styles of beer.

Also inspired me to further my beer knowledge beyond just home brewing and drinking.

And has me thinking what "local" twist can I add to my beer.

No favorite. Came home and my daughter was watching a brew dog marathon or something. Never saw it before. Sat down and watched a few in roll. Saw the Sam Adams one, pretty funny. Will have to hulu some of the others.

It's an entertaining show. I think it would be even better if I weren't a knowledgable homebrewer and it was providing insight into how beer is made. That brewstand would seem like a piece of crazy tech if I didn't know exactly what store it was from and how to use it myself. I agree the gimbal they put the stand on for brewing on the schooner was pretty amazing. I lived and worked on boats of that size and the pitch and yaw can get pretty ridiculous quickly especially in a busy shipping lane. The wakes from those freighters is amazing. Overall I like the show and watched all the episodes. I live in Philly and honestly the Philly episode was a huge let down. Maybe that's the same for people who live in the other cities though as well. They did name Yards the best brewery in the city which I would agree with and Barcade the best bar which I would also agree with. That engineer guy came into the LHBS I work at when they were shooting the episode to pick up some parts and ingredients. He said he was shooting some show when he was there but then I recognized him when I watched the first episode...

I just caught a few episodes, the Boston beer episode was great, it's really nice to see just how open minded and innovative Jim Koch is.

I'd be pretty open minded and innovative if I had $1,000,000,000 too...

He started the company with a cash loan from his father and not a particularly large one. Say what you want about the quality of Sam Adams beer, they've never been afraid to experiment.

He started the company with a cash loan from his father and not a particularly large one. Say what you want about the quality of Sam Adams beer, they've never been afraid to experiment.

I wasn't trying to short change what Jim Koch did to build Boston Beer Co. at all. It's an amazing success story. I was just commenting that if I had a billion dollars I'd be real friendly and fun loving. I'm about to get a cash loan from my father-in-law to start a business we're partnering up on... Maybe I'll get to swim in a sour mash one day.

Back