Any thoughts on this digital freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atown

Reaction score
Ok so I messed up last night and ruined my last freezer by hitting a cooling coil while trying to rout my co2 lines. This freezer is the replacement I got to turn into my keezer. I will be much more careful routing lines this time.

Anyway I have built an stc1000 (the freezer will plug into the temp controller) but am unsure if it will work with the digital temp controller built into the new freezer. Does anyone know if the constant cycling on and off will burn the built in digital temp controller up?

I dont see why it wouldnt, Not sure how STC works but most temp controllers just cut power when temp is reached, just set your freezer lower then you intend to go and it wont be a factor.

I have a freezer with a digital temp sensor on it, and I have a brewpi controlling it. Have been running this way for about a month and so far no ill effects.

Actually looks quite a bit like yours... Picked it up on craigslist.

20150507_225038_zpsdqvswqmr.jpg

20150508_213955_zpsb0sgljnm.jpg

That's awsome. Thank you very much! Real life experience, Exactly what I needed.

You wouldn't happen to have any idea where the cooling coils are located? In the owners manual online it says it has a coil less back but Im not sure if that means no coils at all or just the coils that are mounted on the back on the outside. I would really prefer to have my co2 on the outside but definatly don't want to ruin another freezer.

No hump in the new freezer. I was able to use tin snips to cut a small section of sheet metal from the back. Dug around the foam a bit and all was clear. Co2 lines are ran inside. Temp controller is hooked up and all seems well. Now if my brown ale and irish red grains ever get here ill be in business!

I have a freezer with a digital temp sensor on it, and I have a brewpi controlling it. Have been running this way for about a month and so far no ill effects.

Actually looks quite a bit like yours... Picked it up on craigslist.

20150507_225038_zpsdqvswqmr.jpg

20150508_213955_zpsb0sgljnm.jpg

I love you, well I love that setup.....droooolllll

I have this same freezer. GE. Mine has an alarm did you just disable it or any mod for that? Also did you disconnect the defrost? Looks good hope mine turns out this well. Could you also maybe take some pics of where you ran your CO2 lines?

Thanks!

You cannot do this with the digital freezer as far as I know. Digital uses a digital controller were the non digital type use a mechanical device. Copper tube filled with a gas expanding and contracting at a known rate with the temperature (simplified).

Back