Any Suggestions on next batch???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJtarheel

Reaction score
My first malt extract batch (american ale) is fermenting and I am planning my second batch. It apears to me that Austin Brew Supply has a great selection of kits. Any suggestions from the forum regarding extract kits that deliver a real hoppy finish for a beginner? Even perhaps a different vendor? Thanks for your help....

I would look at northernbrewer.com to see what you can find. They have such an array of kits it is incredible. I am sure you could find a hoppy kit. Perhaps an English Bitter or an American IPA ( they have many varieties of the IPA I believe). You should check it out! Their ingredients are fresh and I have never been disappointed with what I received from them!!! Good luck and welcome aboard!

Either AHS or NB will have plenty of options for you.

I'm a big fan of "Jamil's Evil Twin". It uses a lot of late addition hops on top of a nice malt bill. NB used to sell a kit, but when I went to the site to pull a link for you it didn't come up. :/

The recipe is here, though, if you're willing to buy ingredients separately.

Edit: Just realized that recipe is all grain. This post is filling with increasing fail. Here is NB's datasheet, which includes a extract equivalent.

I did the NB Caribou Slobber for my first kit. Very straight forward and it came out nicely. Might be a candidate for some creativity since this will be your second batch.

Check out Northern Brewer's Chinook IPA. I brewed this as my third batch and my first step into dry hopping. It has a great hoppy aroma and finish. This is definitely a kit that I will brew again.

Thanks all for your help! I have been on this site for about a week and the advice and help has been sensational!!!!! Thanks again....

Back