any refrigerator experts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllHoppedUp

Reaction score
I got a commercial type display refrigerator with double sliding doors - like the kind you see in a mini-mart. (It actually has 'Clearly Canadian' printed on the side.) It even has the slanted shelves so when I take a beer out the next one slides into position. I plugged it in yesterday and the fan on the evaporator stays on ALL the time. The actual refrigeration cycle comes and goes as needed, but that damn fan never shuts off. Is it supposed to operate like that? I'd think it would only kick on as needed. It's a bit of a noise problem - constant humming in the garage which is directly under our bedroom

thats normal for the commercial style coolers that need to keep the air circulating to prevent product from warming in different temp zones

i have a similar prob with my pepsi reach in the fans ran constantly till i unplugged em then it didn't cool as well tho

You can wire an inteprosing relay to run the fan only when the compressor is running. Drive the coil of the power going to compressor and splice the normally open contacts into the fan circuit.

Back