Any must-visit new breweries in San Diego area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxStout

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We're heading to SD to spend a couple weeks this month, we go every year to visit family. Any new breweries that have popped up that are worth checking out? We're staying in Santee, and will probably concentrate on nearby areas in North County/Miramar/Santee/El Cajon/Kerny Mesa area.

I had good food and brew @ Absolution last time I was there.

Stone has a handful of tap houses, I've heard some are good, others need to be avoided. Not sure which is which.

I think Balast Point, Green Flash and Coronado brewing are all in the area - though they're kind of Macro and available most anywhere.

I like Mother Earth brewing, though haven't been to the brewery. Same for Belching Beaver and Modern Times.

Avoid Mission Brewing. - sorry to any fans, but I haven't liked anything from them. If someone has experience otherwise, please chime in.

Pure Project, Modern Times (North Park location has a bomb noodle bar next to it), Alpine. Ive heard White Labs is interesting. None of those are new though

Bagby in Carlsbad is really good. They make some of their own and serve a bunch of local stuff as well. Good food too. Also Pizza Port is fun (decent beer, good pizza). I also enjoyed Bolt brewing in Little Italy, San Diego last time I was there.

Back