Any ideas how to fix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the weldless bulkhead with/without a groove for the o-ring? If it's the one without an o-ring groove it can be a real pita to get in just the right position so it doesn't leak. I ordered some cheap ones from China and even though the photos showed that they had the groove, they didn't when the package arrived. I ended up silver soldering them into place after marking the 12 o'clock position of the valve.

1 used Teflon tape on the threads and an oring behind the nut on the inside of my kettles all the 1/2" stainless nuts I've ever ordered from different sources have the groove for the oring... No leaks or issues in any of my fittings and I have a lot.

Well if you thread the nipple directly onto the ball valve with teflon tape and then jut put a single washer between the valve and kettle and the nut with an oring behind it on the inside of your kettle it should seal up all your leaks..

Back