Any good ideas for securing/clamping accessories to the keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbyBeers

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just like the title says, I'm wondering if anyone has any good ideas for securing/clamping accessories to a keggle. I have a few items I'd like to clamp down, but in particular, I need a solution for my copper whirlpool arm.

I use a long, over-the-top-style copper arm to recirculate my mash, then I move it over to the keggle to use for the whirlpool---I've been winging this for the past few batches, but I really need some kind of adjustable, non-permanent rig to hold it in place more securely.

Maybe this is a little obscure to my setup, but I figure out of all the keggles out there in this world, somebody may have come across a solution for this.

Thanks,
R

Ok, finally got some pics.

Below is my whirlpool arm:

photo_whirl_arm.JPG

My current attachment solution involves a worm clamp, an s-hook, and the pre-existing drainage holes on the rim of the keg. Below is the whirlpool arm and a hop sock hanging from the rim:

photo_keggle.JPG

This works ok, but the whirlpool arm gets a little loosey-goosey, especially when the pump is running wide open.

I was wondering if anyone else had any solutions for this. Maybe there's some kind of setup or hardware out there that I just haven't thought of.

Back