Any experience with cornykegs.com??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA_from_GA

Reaction score
Stumbled upon these guys via google shopping. Definately don't wanna buy any thing but kegs from them but 4 used, un cleaned pin locks for $65 bucks seems too goo to pass up. Emailed them and saw their guarentee that every keg will function or be refunded cost and shipping.

Anyone purchased from them before?

I just purchased from them last week. Kegs were shipped within a day or two. They were exactly as expected. My batch won't be ready until this coming weekend so I haven't used them yet to check and make sure they can hold the pressure.

I just purchased from them last week. Kegs were shipped within a day or two. They were exactly as expected. My batch won't be ready until this coming weekend so I haven't used them yet to check and make sure they can hold the pressure.

charge them up and disconnect the lines. After a few days you'll know if they held pressure. Midwest Supply ships their kegs already pressurized. That way you know when they arrive. I'm curious as to why these guys don't.

I bought from them a couple weeks ago and was pleased with my purchase and their service.

I ordered some from them for pickup as I live ~45 minutes away. Will report in after I get the kegs.

Looks interesting. Their balll lock kegs are converted coke pin locks. So they are 3 inches shorter and 1 in bigger in diameter than the more typical pepsi style ball locks on the market.

Fantastic price!!

I have and old coke pin lock that i'd like to convert to ball lock. I'm not convinced their simple video to convert (just changing the posts) would work for mine.

Yeah, please put some gas in them and let us know bommarkm.

Unfortunately, I won't have my tank until the end of next week. I saw some other posts on here from people who have bought from them before and they seemed to be happy which I why I went with them.

I bought some last week and they came pressurized. Still smelled like soda though, and I had to give them a good soak with some oxyclean. Weren't too banged up either, but the tops were a little dirty with some black stuff. A few had some stickers on them, but for the price I won't complain; you can't see them inside the keezer anyway.

My pin locks didn't. I've taken to pushing in on one of the posts with whatever I can find (key, butter knife, whatever).

I ordered 4 of them (refurbished ball lock style). They had a decent price and shipping was pretty fast.

2 of mine smelled like soda (can't believe I typed that....it's pop damnit). But I washed them inside and out with Oxyclean free and then Starsan. I probably should have pressurized one for test purposes. But I jumped right in and dumped a 5 gal batch of my Honey Amber Ale and some priming sugar in a cleaned one. We'll see...

I picked up the kegs today. All of them pressurized at 10psi. I didn't notice any soda smell from them. The tops of them could have been cleaned a little more (one of the lids had a sticky handle).

What's the shipping like? I'm digging the prices, but given that Morebeer's keg packs include free shipping, it's made it hard to beat the deal from them out the door.

I just ordered 2 kegs with connections and a 10lb CO2 tank from these guys. cost $210 including the shipping. Seems like a really good deal. Hope I like the product

Stumbled upon these guys via google shopping. Definately don't wanna buy any thing but kegs from them but 4 used, un cleaned pin locks for $65 bucks seems too goo to pass up. Emailed them and saw their guarentee that every keg will function or be refunded cost and shipping.

Anyone purchased from them before?

I have two kegs from them. I got mine refurbished but they were in good condition. I live in Cincy so I just picked them up from the guy. My first one had a faulty pressure relief valve so I had to switch it out from him but that wasn't much trouble.

All in all, it's a good place to buy cheap pin locks from.

I received some ball lock kegs from Northern Brewer the other day, they also shipped with some pressure in them. They arrived in good condition, I was happy with the purchase.

Good prices, fast shipping. Both kegs I got from them were dirty; one filthy both inside and out, even though their website claims to clean them. Still soaking in PBW. I'm hoping I won't have to buy special brushes and cleansers to get the truly disgusting inside clean (insect parts, black gunk, who knows what). A high pressure hose was not enough to clean the inside, and there is no way I can get my arm in there. Still waiting to hear back from them.

I received a message from Bill (the owner?) this morning; think he called last night. He sounded very sincere about making things right with this transaction. Although I haven't yet spoken with him, I was very pleased at his response, and am at this point inclined to think that they are well worth doing business with, in spite of what was probably just an oversight.

Latest posts

Back