Any chance of making it less cloudy at this point?(fermenting)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilhomer

Reaction score
I did a pumpkin beer and draining the mash ended up being a huge ordeal. I vorlaufed probably the first 5 times the mash got stuck, then said to hell with it and just kept clearing the steel mesh to keep it flowing.

So of course it's pretty cloudy. Just took a two week sample yesterday. It was delicious and cloudy. It's fermenting in the basement right now. I have a freezer chest down there that is empty, no temp controller or anything. Should I try sticking it in there for 24 hours before bottling?

My process is waiting till it hits a stable FG,then give it another 3-7 days to clean up & settle out clear. But I use a high flocculation yeast as well.

I've got a rye pale ale that's not wanting to clear up for me, so I'm probably going to try adding gelatin. It's my first time using it, but I know others have done so with success. I wouldn't stress too much at two weeks, though. If you had a temp controller, I'd suggest using the chest freezer but I don't think I'd put it in there without one (if you ever were going to convert that to a lagering chamber, now would be a good time to buy one!)

Back