Any body ever tried Flatbranch Brewing in Missouri?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been to Flatbranch Brewing quite a few times. My daughter and I first went to Columbia last year to look into Mizzou. One of my priorities was to make sure there was a place I would enjoy whenever I would visit her at school ;)

Flatbranch looks to have received help from the group that runs Wynkoop Brewing Co. in Denver. The layout, menu, brewing equipment and beer styles offered are very similar. The beer is very good. There are no major hop bombs. All are clean, session beers, mostly in the English tradition.

They appear to be doing good business. They have a nice sized bar and a big patio. Now, if only there wasn't so much humidity in MO, I might enjoy sitting out on the patio :).

Her first year at Mizzou is over in about a month. My son and I will be driving out there to move her back to CO for the summer. I will be stopping by Flatbranch again in May.

Flat branch ain't half bad. They've got a green chile beer that would wake your colon out of a coma:cross:

I've been there a few times, but now enjoy going to the Prison Brewery in Jefferson City, It's a whole lot closer to home, and their IPA is the schiznit.:tank:

I haven't lived there for 20 years, but my family is still in Columbia, MO. I go back for a visit every couple months or so and always try to incorporate a stop at Flat Branch. Their food is quite good, but tables and the patio can fill up fast. I usually just bring an empty growler to fill and take to a friends house - Maybe I just hate crowds!

Their beer is very good. I've enjoyed the Oil Change Oatmeal Stout, Katy Trail Pale Ale, their cask bitter, and the Scottish. Their IPA doesn't meet my hop-head standards, but it's not a bad brew by any means.

Columbia's not that big of a town so you generally take what you can get, but Flat Branch is a really great spot and I genuinely recommend it.

Their Oil Change Stout is really good, and they make a pretty decent pumpkin ale around Thanksgiving. If you're from Missouri, then you're probably used to the 105 degree summers with 99% humidity, so sit out on that patio on Friday evening and ogle all those nubile coeds downtown! Mizzou, how you're missed!

bobjenkins79 said:
Flat branch ain't half bad. They've got a green chile beer that would wake your colon out of a coma:cross:

I've been there a few times, but now enjoy going to the Prison Brewery in Jefferson City, It's a whole lot closer to home, and their IPA is the schiznit.:tank:

Where is the Prison Brewery located? I live about 40 minutes out of Jeff and haven't heard of it.

Where is the Prison Brewery located? I live about 40 minutes out of Jeff and haven't heard of it.

It's on Ash street in downtown Jeff City. They just opened not too long ago. It's worth a look. I'm going there tonight after work.:drunk:

ah the memories of flatbranch... i spent many many hours there during my time in college. I wasn't savvy enough to appreciate the beer at the time, though. There 'chokes n' cheese' is the stuff dreams are made of.

As for the humidity, yeah it's humid in MO, but columbia usually has really nice evenings, so if you go, i recommend sitting outside.

Now you've gone and made me miss Mizzou again... thanks.

I live in Columbia, and am a big fan of Flat Branch. Their Katy Trail Pale is one of my favorite beers, and their British IPA is great. Last time I was there I was very impressed with their Baltic porter and APA. Food is pretty darn tasty too.

Latest posts

Back