Anvil brew buck transfer tube rust

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithchar526

Reaction score
So I bought a new ss anvil brew bucket and when taking it apart the transfer/dip tube looked like it had rust at the weld area. So I contacted support and they sent me a new one. They sent the wrong part, they quickly sent me the correct one. I check the same spot as the other to make sure it looked better but this one has the same rust looking spots as the other one did, this one even has a metal bur still there. Support has been quick to respond but before I complain again am I being crazy? There should be brown spots from the welds right?
IMG_0688.jpg

Are you sure that's rust and not goo'd on wort?

Yeah the first one was brand new and so was the 2nd. They just didn’t get cleaned properly. Worked with support again and this time they physically checked the part before sending so should have a good one soon. I cleaned this one with a green scrubby and it looks good now, going to treat it with citric acid to get that protective layer that stops rust from forming.

Back