Anvil 4 Gallon Brew Bucket Modification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvpeacock

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to increase my Kombucha brewing capacity, so I bought an Anvil 4 gallon Brew Bucket for Christmas. The Bucket is meant for fermenting beer, so it has a standard domed lid with a rubber stopper and airlock. Rather than drape cloth over the top without using the lid for Kombucha, I decided to buy an extra lid and try to modify it. Here are the results.

The first thing I did was cut off the domed portion of the spare lid with an angle grinder. Then I sanded and polished the sharp edge as best I could.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Then I added car door trim around the cut edge to give it a more polished finish.
3.jpg
4.jpg

Finally, I glue gunned multiple layers of fine cheese cloth to the lid. Voila! 4 gallon Kombucha fermenter with spigot and dip tube.

5.jpg
6.jpg

I also bought the optional neoprene jacket, put a heat belt under it and then plugged it into an InkBird temperature controller to keep my Kombucha at 75 degrees F. Overall, I am very happy with the end result.

Back