Antique? Value?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmbeer

Reaction score
Hello all!
I recently picked up these two ceramic tap towers from someone on Craigslist. She told me they were removed from a bar here in Minneapolis before it was demolished. Unfortunately, she couldn't remember the name of the bar. I have been trying to do some research about them online but have not been able to find anything. Does anyone out there know how old they are and also what the value of them might be? The brass looks kinda tarnished and i am wondering if i should clean and polish these up. Thanks for the help!
axkxp0.jpg

or33tx.jpg

maukvq.jpg

They are similar to the towers at Hales Ales in Seattle. You might contact them and ask for information at halesbrewery.com.

Bob

I wouldn't "clean them up" sometimes with something antique you can loose value

I personally think the brass looks better with age, then when it's polished.

Yeah, I would keep the brass as it is. It looks awesome with the crackles porcelain/ceramic/whatever. Glad to hear you bought them.

Eh. I suppose with the right bar setting, they'd look okay. But I'd polish up the brass. But I'd only do that if I found out that they weren't worth that much.

Latest posts

Back