Antique crown capper

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

lxwitt

Reaction score
6C9E6C5A-7104-497E-B816-D1396D6839F0.png
Has anyone seen this style of capper? Any ideas on who makes it, how old it is, value etc? TIA.

Biggz1313

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I have an old antique capper that I use that was in my Aunt's barn, and it looks nothing like that. That think looks super heavy duty. I'm very curious to know more about that thing.

OP
L

lxwitt

Reaction score
Wow, I have an old antique capper that I use that was in my Aunt's barn, and it looks nothing like that. That think looks super heavy duty. I'm very curious to know more about that thing.
someone on a Facebook group unrelated to home brewing posted it so I thought I’d help with some digging. If it’s for sale I might consider. I’m so tired of those handheld wing cappers. They only last about one batch. What I need is some solid cast iron.

Biggz1313

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Judging by the build of that thing, it makes me feel like capping 50 bottles of beer would take very little effort and with another person helping, go extremely fast.

mashpaddled

Reaction score
someone on a Facebook group unrelated to home brewing posted it so I thought I’d help with some digging. If it’s for sale I might consider. I’m so tired of those handheld wing cappers. They only last about one batch. What I need is some solid cast iron.
I have a wing capper from when I started brewing in 2009 that still works just fine. I've bottled a lot of beer with it. What are you doing to wear yours down so fast?

OP
L

lxwitt

Reaction score
I have a wing capper from when I started brewing in 2009 that still works just fine. I've bottled a lot of beer with it. What are you doing to wear yours down so fast?
Nothing outside of the recommended use. I had a wing capper when I first started and it worked fine. Then gave it to a friend when I moved to keg. Maybe I’ve just had bad luck but the handles always go a bit floppy after a couple batches. I’ve gone table top now. Less moving parts.

Latest posts