Another Turkey Fryer Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you planning to use the pot as well? if not, you should be able to find a burner for cheaper than that. otherwise, it looks like it should work fine.

android said:
are you planning to use the pot as well? if not, you should be able to find a burner for cheaper than that. otherwise, it looks like it should work fine.

I would use the pot...

that's pretty much what I used when I started AG and it worked fine for a few batches, but the size of those pots is such that full boils are really full when you start. but there are products that you can buy (fermcap) to minimize the risk of a boil over.

That's virtually identical to the turkey fryer I just picked up. Only have one brew on it so far, but it was nice to be able to dunk-sparge & do a full boil. I would recommend it for the price.

A little trick I learned, since that stupid timer keeps going, and I brew in my garage, is to set a jack-stand up against it to keep it from spinning. It will shut off every 20 minutes otherwise, unless you remember to keep turning it. Someone else on here used what looked like a piece of coathanger to keep it from spinning, I may look into that.

Found it.

I also started with something like that and moved up to a Blichmann burner within a year. If I could go back I would have just saved my money for a better burner but it got the job done and I still use the kettle as a HLT. Hope this helps.

I have one of these as a second and got it for 10 bucks on craigslist. The burner comes in handy now and then. That box on them is a timer for 20 mins or something like that. You need to modify it to keep the flame on. There are threads about doing that, and the guy I bought mine from had just put a zip tie around it after cutting a notch in it. I actually gave him like 16 bucks or something for it because he had 3 calls on it and kinda held it for me for 2 days as we tried to hook up in email at a time good for him.

GL to ya, and hope that helps some. If you use the pot with it as you mentioned.. not bad at all, but check craigslist for people getting rid of similar packages.

Back