Another Temp Control Option? $29CDN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shep

Reaction score
Hey all... I was searching for a temp controller by reading these forums, then I started searching for a Canadian dealer vs. ordering online and shipping across border (which I would if needed). I found this one that seems perfect. Can I get some opinions from the more experienced here?

http://www.thermomart.com/beer-making-supplies-accessories-kit-equipment/mini-draft-beer-cooler-bar-keg-dispenser

cheers... shep

<update> If you go back a level on this, there are quite a lot of options that this company has for the same purpose... perhaps there is a good one here that will help any builders here? http://www.thermomart.com/beer-making-supplies-accessories-kit-equipment

This for controlling heat/chill in a fermentation chamber I assume?
The first link looks like the one. They work great.

The one you linked to isn't dual-stage. In other words, it needs to be manually switched from heat to cool. If you're OK with that, it looks fine.

The one you linked to isn't dual-stage. In other words, it needs to be manually switched from heat to cool. If you're OK with that, it looks fine.

I thought the same thing but didn't really look to close. If that's the case you can get one of these on eBay for $11-$12 with free shipping. I ordered one the other day.
That site is a good source for replacement thermistors though.

something else to be aware of is that this unit is limited to 7 Amps (according to the manual) or 10 Amps (according to the webpage, @ 120VAC). be sure you don't load it with more than its max rating. for example, you couldn't use this in a eRIMS/eHERMS systems since heating elements require a minimum of 15 Amps as far as i've seen.

Thanks for thoughts on this. I was looking at these because as luck would have it, they are 5 minutes from my work and I could pick it up. I wanted to use one for my keezer project. I have a 5cuft one similar to the Holiday model that gets talked about around here.

Any reason why one of these wouldn't work for the keezer application? Or am I better off spending the 60$ and getting a Ranco or something else like that...

Any reason why one of these wouldn't work for the keezer application? Or am I better off spending the 60$ and getting a Ranco or something else like that...
other than the load issue (7 amps), i don't see why not. just make sure your keezer doesn't need more than 7 amps - possibly 10, might be worth confirming with the vendor/producer - and it should work fine.

Back