another noob question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmonteiro

Reaction score
i only did a 10 day fermentation. and yes my fermentation was close enough done to bottle. can i keep my beer in the bottle for a month, or will it be no better then storing it for 2 to 3 weeks?

i only did a 10 day fermentation. and yes my fermentation was close enough done to bottle. can i keep my beer in the bottle for a month, or will it be no better then storing it for 2 to 3 weeks?

I am not sure of the question really.....Keep your already bottled beer for a month?

Did you verify your state of complete fermentation with consecutive hydrometer readings?

If not and you bottled you can be looking at problems such as over carbonation, bottle bombs, etc and if that's the case it really doesn't matter how long you keep your beer, they will either explode before you get to them or upon opening they will gush out all over the place.

Well it all depends on how patient you can be. Personally I usually have a taste test after two weeks with the knowledge that I should wait longer for better tasting and fully carbonated beer.

Just curious about the close enough to done fermenting statement as I have experienced some bottle bombs in a batch before. Just make sure that it is completely done because those will make you change your underwear if you are near them when they go off.

Good luck and enjoy your beer!

yea i got a stable reading 2 days in a row, and the company told me i could bottle 5-7 days after beginning fermentation. but will keeping it in bottle longer then 3 weeks improve anything?

But, since it is hard to wait, try one after a week, two weeks, etc...it helps you get a good appreciation for how it ages/improves.

Back