another NoOb keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybrewer09

Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been answered a hundred times but I can't find the one I'm looking for.
I'm getting a single keg system from Midwestern. I already have the 3gal keg with portable co2 despence. What do I need to hook both kegs up to the regulator, and what's the difference between MFL and barbed fittings. Is one better than the other?
thanks in advance for any all all replies. Even the sarcastic ones.

You can use a manifold to hook up both kegs to the regulator or simply T into the gas in line. MFL fittings are threaded instead of barbed. I have MFL on one of my kegs as I also have adapters for my old sankey coupler in case I ever wanted to easily switch to a commercial keg.

I understand that the MFL. Are threaded. I guess what I need to know is what do I need to connect my lines to them.

MFL:
image_937.jpg

Barb:
image_2000.jpg

It's mostly a preference thing. I've found that MFL's are a pain to disconnect if your keg system (for me, kegerator) is cramped for space and you have to swivel the entire line in order to disconnect it. For me, it's just easier to use barb fittings with screw clamps & call it good.

Thanks for the info guys. After looking at Midwest site again I may just go with regular barbed fittings.
I will be using a refrigerator until I can get a keezer built this spring or summer

Back