Another Michigan Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIbrew

Reaction score
Hello

Just joined the site today to answer those burning homebrew questions. I've been brewing only kit beer thus far, but very interested in getting deeper into making my own recipes and tweaks.

You ever get around to brewing this last weekend like another post said? What did you decide on for your first brew?

Welcome Scott.

They still do the renaissance festival in Holly?

Yeah, they still do. I believe Hopman's (LHBS) also couples their yearly competition with the renaissance festival.

It's always a good place to raise a flagon of mead.

Been a while since I attended one, back in the 90's. It's a good time.

Holly has some decent microbreweries in the vicinity, right?

Yeah, they still do. I believe Hopman's (LHBS) also couples their yearly competition with the renaissance festival.

It's always a good place to raise a flagon of mead.

Yeah, I think that is the Ren Faire I looked up the other day. Homebrew comeptition AND a Ren Faire? Sign me up! We'll see if that happens though. The wife was not excited about another thing going on this summer (another MY thing, anyway...)

Hello! Seems like there are tons of us from Michigan - I'm a Yooper transplanted to Midland. Been to Holly a few times for fest - hopefully I'll get there this year again!

-Liz

MIbrew, I'm waiting on my Liberty Cream Ale kit and a couple pieces of equipment to arrive from Midwest and fedex says it should be delivered today. So I will hopefully be brewing tomorrow night or Saturday. Got my fingers crossed.

Welcome!

The Ren Faire competition is pretty well done by Hopmans and the SNOB's.
Worth checking out!

Back