Another hello from VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kramman

Reaction score
Hey everyone the names mark, im from Chesapeake, VA. Just picked up all my home brew stuff today. Been interested on doing this for a while now. Haven't actually started my brew yet probably waiting till next weekend. A buddy and I went in together on the equipment. Any way, Looks like I got the standard starter kit. Picked it up from my LHBS here are some pics. I look forward to lurking on the boards and soaking up all the knowledge I can.

Welcome Kramman, there are a lot of brewers down by you. Brewers tend to enjoy helping out the new members so you should see if you want to sit in on a brew session with someone from your area.

Lots of helpful people here, good luck and welcome to the boards. :mug:

Welcome! Man, a complete resurgence in Hampton Roads!

I need to host a big brew day and get all you n00bs confident that this is an easy and totally rewarding hobby!

HBT is great, you'll have fun here.

That sounds good would definately be up for that. Are you in any brewing clubs or anything like that. I looked at a couple online but they see a littly um... too fancy($$$) for my taste.

yeah ive been reading that for the last couple weeks. Read one section move to the next, get confused an start all over. Finnally got though it. any other good beginner books you could reccomend?

Hi Kramman. Man, what is it about Hampton Roads that not only makes us want to drink, but drink our own brew? The beginner book that worked best for me, and that I still find myself pulling off the shelf on brewday, is Homebrewing For Dummies. It's a great, easy to understand starting point. And since I'm just up the road in Va. Beach, feel free to give a holler.

I just went to homebrew US for the first time the other day. They seemed decently priced but i think i am going to do all my purchases online from now on. I think its cheaper to get the stuff online. I know the carboy i just ordered is cheaper then buying it at homebrew US. Damn man, you should have just drank beer to get bottles. I started saving bottles at around halloween and i now have about 60 12 oz, 2 empty cases of grolsch swing tops, and 5 22oz ceramic bottles. Half the fun was going to the gourmet beer store and getting a different sixer of something different every other day! Expensive, but fun!

Back