ANOTHER Basement Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha !
Somehow I find that very unlikely.:)
I'm sure you're itching to give your new system the maiden voyage !

FOR SURE!! I have been brewing on everything but my system.. will be a little bit of a learning curve with the new kettles. Everything except the mash tun is different! I did get a 2nd riptide so my brew days will be a lot quieter for sure!!

Sweet! Pretty brave doing that live.....my sessions are usually riddled with curse words from me spilling something or forgetting something lol

Been a little while since I have had an update to share. I finally got the RO system installed and functional. SOOO Good to have the kettle faucet up and running!! NO MORE trips to the RO machine at the grocery store!! I now have my own supply on hand at all times!

Been a little while since I have had an update to share. I finally got the RO system installed and functional. SOOO Good to have the kettle faucet up and running!! NO MORE trips to the RO machine at the grocery store!! I now have my own supply on hand at all times!

Based upon personal experience, I highly suggest you consider an automatic water shutoff valve to your RO system. The water heater pan will not help if the RO unit or any of its lines ever develop a leak.

As I have posted before, my RO system developed a leak in the canister's thick head. We were away for 24 hours (moving into another house) and when we returned to our old house, there was about 3" of water throughout the house. We were devastated needless to say.

Insurance made us more than whole. Replaced the kitchen cabinets with solid wood (original was solid wood) and updated everything to a new design. The first 12" up from the floor of drywall was cut out throughout the house so everything could dry. After new drywall, you could not even tell. All flooring was replaced.

This occurred 15+ years ago and at that time the cost came to roughly $37,000+. Do yourself a favor and get an automatic shutoff valve...they are so cheap. Since you are using a Hydrologic sytem, I suggest you contact them about one their shutoff valves that is appropriate for your tubing size....https://www.hydrologicsystems.com/search?q=shut+off+valve

Based upon personal experience, I highly suggest you consider an automatic water shutoff valve to your RO system. The water heater pan will not help if the RO unit or any of its lines ever develop a leak.

Thanks I'll look into that!!

As I have posted before, my RO system developed a leak in the canister's thick head. We were away for 24 hours (moving into another house) and when we returned to our old house, there was about 3" of water throughout the house. We were devastated needless to say.

Insurance made us more than whole. Replaced the kitchen cabinets with solid wood (original was solid wood) and updated everything to a new design. The first 12" up from the floor of drywall was cut out throughout the house so everything could dry. After new drywall, you could not even tell. All flooring was replaced.

This occurred 15+ years ago and at that time the cost came to roughly $37,000+. Do yourself a favor and get an automatic shutoff valve...they are so cheap. Since you are using a Hydrologic sytem, I suggest you contact them about one their shutoff valves that is appropriate for your tubing size....https://www.hydrologicsystems.com/search?q=shut+off+valve

Latest posts

Back