Amsterdam Pub Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
I went to Amsterdam this last weekend to meet by brother and...................I plead the fifth.

One of our goals was to find good beer and we it the jackpot. Checkout the selection at my new favorite pub.

IMG_4970-1.JPG
IMG_4971-1.JPG
IMG_4972-1.JPG

6704-IMG_4974-1.JPG

Sadly they didn't have any Westvleteren but we tried all the other Trappist beers and then some. Defiantly worth a repeat trip.

The sad thing is that I almost went in there last I was in Amsterdam but then ended up somewhere else. Definitely next time.

MMMMM they have Orval, guillotine, delerium tremens (one of my favourites ever!), la chouffe and mc chouffe, kasteel and lucifer. Oh and of course Palm Alcohol Free (HA!)

The only other super Belgian I've had they seem to be missing is Barbar..... also a really nice beer.

Not sure of the address, but it was at the beginning of the street with all the Asian food somewhat near the train station and "happyland".

Cheesfood in Amsterdam…who would have thought.

I forgot to mention that I tried my first Lambic there. I refuse no beer, but holy crap that must be an aquired taste. Anyone actually enjoy Lambics?

Interesting I went to Het Elfde Gabod in Antwerpen. Full of all kinds of religious statues. Great beer list as well. I've never been to the one in Amsterdam.

Het Elfde Gabod, Antwerpen, Belgium (Exterior)
Het Elfde Gabod.jpg

Het Elfde Gabod, Antwerpen, Belgium (Interior)
Het Elfde Gabod Interior.jpeg

I forgot to mention that I tried my first Lambic there. I refuse no beer, but holy crap that must be an aquired taste. Anyone actually enjoy Lambics?

I love Lambics! Particularly Cantillon, Frank Boon and Drie Fontainen. I prefer the Gueuze over the fruit Lambics.

Great tip!
I've been to Amsterdam a good few times now and absolutely love my times spent there!!!

A great brown cafe featuring Belgians etc. to check out is:

http://www.cafegollem.nl/default_EN.asp

One of my favorite carryout places in Amsterdam is:

http://www.debierkoning.nl/

The site is in Dutch, but you can navigate about easy enough to get an idea.
You can also click the E Flag for a small English description.

Oh my I cannot wait to get back there!!
:)

Latest posts

Back