America's Top 10 Emerging Beer Towns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the multiple posts...the app told me it wasn't posting my response when apparently it was.

How does Stowe, VT not make that list?

According to the author...
"no Vermont towns are listed, simply because so much has been written in the recent past."

He speaks very highly of Mo from the Maine Beer Co. Man that beer is going to put me in the poor house. I haven't tried "Dinner" yet...I'm intrigued. If it's better than "Lunch" then my mouth may have an orgasm.

My buddy up in Saint Pete (yeah Saint Pete is UP for me) took me on a brewery tour of the Tampa area.

Cigar City is the most popular, but Dunedin had to be my favorite. Great ambiance and delicious beer!!

I love the honorable mention of Rapp brewery at the bottom.

Rapp is an outstanding little brewery. I've yet to have a bad beer there. granted I've only been there twice.

If you ever get the chance to go, if they have it on tap, try their Gose. You'll be glad you did!!

Other than the glaring, west coast centric, bordering on ignorance, mindset of the introduction, its a good read.

Yeah he could have left that part out. Just say you're leaving some places out due to redundancy and get on with the list.

Two Henry's out in Plant City was pretty good too. Probably too new to be mentioned, or too far to be considered "Tampa". Went out there and was pretty impressed with their brews.

Toothless rednecks? Tampa Bay is a oceanside metropolis of 4,300,000 million people, and the 14th largest television market in the US, with a pro football team, pro hockey team, pro baseball team, and now 28 breweries.

By comparison, Portland is 603,000 people (80th TV market, 53 breweries). So Tampa Bay is about SEVEN times the size of Portland.

I'll concede the malty goodness of Portland, but do you really think one of the top 20 largest cities in the U.S. is full of toothless rednecks? Geez....

BTW, my brother was telling me that Portland is like a little deadbeat hippie stoner version of Tampa Bay :ban:

Toothless rednecks? Tampa Bay is a oceanside metropolis of 4,300,000 million people, and the 14th largest television market in the US, a pro football team, pro hockey team, pro baseball team, and now 28 breweries.

By comparison, Portland is 603,000 people (80th TV market, 53 breweries).

Do you really think this town is full of toothless rednecks? Geez....

BTW, my brother was telling me that Portland is like a little deadbeat hippie stoner version of Tampa Bay :ban:
Have you driven on 275 or 4 lately? How about a drive through East Tampa/Seffner/Mango or the Pinellas Park/Lealman/Kenneth city area that I call the Redneck Sunni Triangle? :D I am 53 now. I moved to Miami from Lexington, Kentucky when I was 8 and Tampa when I was 28. I have also lived in Dallas and Atlanta. The Tampa Bay area is MUCH more provincial than it likes to think and deep water is WAY too far offshore for real fishing. With that said, it does have its good points.....like beer!!!:tank::ban:
The good news is that it ISN"T Tallahassee, where I had the misfortune of lving for a couple of years or, God forbid, Macon!!!!.;) As for brewing establishments in our area, I counted like 40 if you include the outlying areas like Sarasota/Brandenton and Lakeland.:mug:

OK, you're right.

I live in St. Pete, and thank God almighty that my hog farm done good, or I reckon I'd be just like them toothless rednecks. Just yuther day I took the money I made off pork rind, hoof, snout, and anus sales the last year and went and seen Bocefus, the only tooth doc in town, to be right sure I keep my chompers. Be a damn shame if I go toothless like my old antie May in Pinellas Park did when she was 26. Bless her heart.

Later yall! I have a full day at the swimmin hole, makin' moonshine, and clan meetin's to attend to. :smack:

That may be because Cincy is not an up and coming brewing town. It has been an established one for 150 years or more. It is just getting its second wind.:D

Yeah, yeah. All I'm saying is I've not heard too many people around here raving about the beer scene in Columbus...

That may be because Cincy is not an up and coming brewing town. It has been an established one for 150 years or more. It is just getting its second wind.:D

On a related note, if you ever find yourself here, do yourself a favor and do a historic brewing tour. There's huge intact lagering tunnels under a huge swath of north downtown, dating back to pre-prohibition. Pretty amazing stuff.

OK, you're right.

I live in St. Pete, and thank God almighty that my hog farm done good, or I reckon I'd be just like them toothless rednecks. Just yuther day I took the money I made off pork rind, hoof, snout, and anus sales the last year and went and seen Bocefus, the only tooth doc in town, to be right sure I keep my chompers. Be a damn shame if I go toothless like my old antie May in Pinellas Park did when she was 26. Bless her heart.

Later yall! I have a full day at the swimmin hole, makin' moonshine, and clan meetin's to attend to. :smack:
LOL. Have you actually spent any time in Lealman, Pinellas Park or Kenneth City? Lealman and the Park has to have one of the highest "wino on stolen bicycle in dark clothing riding night trying to get killed" ratio of any city in the Southeast.:D As for St. Pete, you vcan no longer rely on the old people to title the numbers because they are either dying or moving to the Villages. With that said, St. Pete is the only one of the three major burgs in the area that has a real downtown that stays open after 5 pm even if their isn't a game, so that counts for something.:rocking: With that said, the most sophisticated city that I have found in this area is still Sarasota. My family has been here since 1988 and has done very well. the area si certainly better now in many ways, but it is what it is. It may never be as so-fist-tee-kay-ted as the Tampa Yacht Club or Palma Ceia crowd would like to think.

On a related note, if you ever find yourself here, do yourself a favor and do a historic brewing tour. There's huge intact lagering tunnels under a huge swath of north downtown, dating back to pre-prohibition. Pretty amazing stuff.
My brother went to XU and spent his senior year living on Mt. Adams. Cool neighborhood. I want to come up for Oktoberfest at some point.

With that said, the most sophisticated city that I have found in this area is still Sarasota. My family has been here since 1988 and has done very well. the area si certainly better now in many ways, but it is what it is. It may never be as so-fist-tee-kay-ted as the Tampa Yacht Club or Palma Ceia crowd would like to think.

Sarasota actually has one of the highest concentrations of millionaires migrating to the area in the country. That new mall will probably help things along a bit also.

I drove by 3 Daughters Brewing here in St. Pete. They just opened up in December and they STARTED with $1.5 million in capital and a 30 barrel system in an 18,000 sq ft building. It's good to be the King!!!:mug: the article on them said that Florida is still only 44th as far as craft brewers per capita in the US. Still a lot of room down here.

Sarasota actually has one of the highest concentrations of millionaires migrating to the area in the country. That new mall will probably help things along a bit also.
That core area of Sarasota is my favorite part of this region of the state.

Back