American Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hough77

Reaction score
Brewers best kit, anyone ever brew this? Anything you would change? I will be dry hopping and got US-05 to use instead of Nottingham.

Hey Hough

I brewed this a couple weeks ago and I didn't change from the recipe. Still have 2 weeks bottle conditioning left before it's ready. Everything looks good so I hope it tastes just as that. Doesn't really help you but I just wanted to chime in and let you know I just brewed it.

Cheers to our APA!

you did the 2 best things for kits: dry-hopping and changing the yeast. more advice is primary it for 3-4 weeks, bottle-condition it for at least 2 weeks

I brewed this ab the same time you did, I did not change a thing. However, this was my first brew and I over steeped the grains and got a tannie after taste. But turned out awesome! I have almost drank all of mine. How did yours turn out with the dry hopping?

It had a nice hop nose, and was light in color, I would brew it again. I dry hoped with 2 oz of Amarillo, 2 oz of Pacifica from New Zeland.
It's been kegged and drunk.

Latest posts

Back