American Pale Ale Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice label! (there is still a red x above the label). I agree with BvBG.

When I printed it, it was much darker and the saturation was not nearly as high.

I slapped one on a bottle with a silver cap, and stamped the cap with a blue star.
If I can get a hold of a digi camera I'll get another picture of it.

Thanks for the feeback!

I should be able to get a picture after bottling day tomorrow. My beergun gets here tomorrow, I hope it works as well as everyone says.

Does anybody have a technique for keeping the colors from running when printed on gum-paper? Is there anyway to spray something on the finished labels or anything?

Thanks

I made my labels on plain paper and used a glue stick to affix them. You can use a clear acrylic spray (sometimes called fixative) to make the paper and ink water resistant.

Not bad. Makes me think of this...
1550.jpg

Which is a pretty good beer.

Baron von BeeGee said:
My LHBS has (used to have?) some caps that were either red and white stripes or blue with white stars...if you could get your hands on those it would really complete the package.
I bought some of the same from www.homebrewheaven.com over a year ago, but they seem to not have anymore in stock.

Sorry for such a late response because I’m just now getting into labeling but I’m impressed.....I don't mean to sound like a history geek, though I know I will. Your label is so reminiscent of the 1820-1880’s and I say that on many different accounts.

The darkness makes the flag look like it was either an old colored (which didn’t exist) colored glass photo. Otherwise, it’s like looking at the difference between wood pulp and linen pulp paper. Nonetheless, with the cap included, you have a crazy Middle America feel that I really like.

Latest posts

Back