American Homebrewers Association

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I signed up in January and haven't received a card yet. I did receive an email saying that there was an issue with the cards and that they would be sending them out in March, but it's April now. I think I also saw that they were extending the membership for a couple months to compensate which I'm totally cool with.

That is odd. I registered (1st time) on March 20th and I got my card on Monday the 30th.

Dear Paul,

Due to unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances with the vendor that provides AHA member cards, there is an unexpected delay with getting cards to recently joined and renewing members. Members that joined or renewed between December 20 and the present should expect to receive their new member cards by mid- to late-February. We regret and apologize for this delay.

As a gesture of our thanks for your support and patience, the expiration date for your membership will be extended until the end of February of the year in which your membership is set to expire. Please note: your member number is valid, should you wish to register for the National Homebrew Competition before you receive your member card.

This is what I received a few months back. Perhaps I should follow up since I never received my card and honestly did forget about it.

Yes, at least the ipad app will let you download full back issues to read offline. Not a big fan of the web interface either, but on the pad where I can drag and zoom in and out with fingers I find it easier, and you can turn off all the page turn animations and sounds. [...]

I don't have an iPad but have a 7" Nook and use a 10" Android tablet sometimes. PDFs are OK to read, at least in zoom mode, which is kinda counter intuitive when dealing with magazine formats anyway (multiple columns), and they are storage hogs because of the quite decent resolution and quality of the images. A 32GB mem card comes in handy.

The font of the eZymurgies in Flash Player is very, very difficult to read, way too thin, even zoomed in at 200% it's not sharp and the shapes are badly defined. Ultimately it remains annoying, even when all the stupid effects are turned off.

Again, if anyone downloaded the PDFs of the back issues I'm very interested in a copy. I wish I had done that. As usual, good things aren't there to last.

Back