American Homebrew Association

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone a member?
I finally got a membership, in anticipation of the National Homebrewers Conference this summer. Registration was a bit cheaper, and membership in AHA has some cool benefits (the best being Zymurgy Magazine).

I feel cool now, just thought I'd share. :D

I'm a member too. Gotta agree that the best perk is the magazine. There's a pub discount program too, if you live in the right areas. The closest participating brewery is about 3 hours from my house. The discount definitely doesn't justify the drive.

I'm a member as well. The discounts at the Great American Beer Festival alone will more than pay for the membership fee. It's a great pilgrimmage if you've never been...

yep, been a member for 3 years or so. zymurgy is okay, not near as good a Brew Your Own. good rag if you have never checked one out. i want to go to the GABF sooooo bad. maybe next year (that's what i'll probably say next year too).

You really prefer Brew Your Own? I used to subscribe, but I prefer Zymurgy. Maybe I need to give BYO another go round.
g

Sorry, a bit confused. ORRELSE, you prefer BYO also? I think maybe I've landed in bizzaro world. What did I miss? It has been a while since I've picked that magazine up.
g

i prefer BYO over Zymurgy too. has a lot more info, tips, gadgets, recipes, etc. not that zymurgy isn't good, i just prefer byo. i always refer to them anytime i have a question or want to try another recipe.

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

George said:
Sorry, a bit confused. ORRELSE, you prefer BYO also? I think maybe I've landed in bizzaro world. What did I miss? It has been a while since I've picked that magazine up.
g

Yes, IMHO, BYO is definitely better. Its tailored more to the "DIY homebrewer", if you will. They always have great articles on how to build your own equipment, lately they have gone overboard with cool recipes, and its always an extremely interesting read. Let's just say this--I read BYO cover to cover every issue, Zymurgy, I don't. I'm not taking anything away from Zymurgy, its just not as interesting to me. Sometimes they get way too technical and sometimes that's really boring. :D

I joined AHA late July. My main reason was to get a membership card good for 10% discount at my favorite restaurant/tap house. However, after lots of patience and several emails back and forth to AHA, still no membership card. It keeps getting "lost in the mail". Anyone else experience receiving a card from AHA?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Necro Thread!!!

Yes I had to email AHA to get my card that never came. Guess I had better luck, it only took once.

I once got a card with the wrong number on it. I emailed them and they quickly sent the correct card.

No problem with them not sending a card though.

Back