American Advent Beer Calendar- What would YOU put in it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Finished up a gift from my wife- a German Beer Advent Calendar 2018. See thread www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/beer-advent-calendar-2018.659173/
Made me wonder if someone were to do this with NorthAmerican craft beers, what 24 beers would you include?
Hard for me to name names, because sitting up here fairly isolated in rural Maine, I haven't experienced a lot of the 'best beers in America'. Most are just names to me. So, I'm hoping to hear from those who have a wider beer tasting experience than me. And include all of North America. For example, I'm really a fan of Unibroue's La Fin du Monde and Maudite.
So, if you want to play, go right ahead. And Thanks! :mug:

With 24 free beers, it's hard to go wrong.

"Best" is extremely subjective. We all have widely different tastes, so it'd be better to tailor to the specific person.

With 24 free beers, it's hard to go wrong.

"Best" is extremely subjective. We all have widely different tastes, so it'd be better to tailor to the specific person.
While I mostly agree, and would prefer a calendar targeted for my liking, I think a best representation style calendar could be nice.
Perhaps a few different versions:
Best sample of all styles across the states.
Best single styles across the states.
Best winter styles across the states.

And a special worst category gag, the knock-off generic BMC's
Big Flats, Frio, etc.

I was thinking about the best representative beer of various styles particular to North America.
Besides the afore mentioned Unibroue for Belgian-types, a representative of West Coast IPA(Russian River?), a Cascadian Dark, a NEIPA, something from Anchor- I like their Porter, but perhaps there's something better(don't they sometimes do a Barleywine?),something from Dogfish Head (lots to pick from), being from Maine something from Allagash(personally I prefer their Allagash Black better than White), but I know I'm missing tons. I have no idea if some company would pick up the idea, but I would pay to get some good beers from around the country.

Latest posts

Back