AMCYL Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use 2.6 gallon tmc craft ball locks they work very well . those amcyls look nice . i dont see why there would be any issue with those kegs.

fwiw, keg comparo between AEB and AMCYL kegs has some good info on both. I'd go with AMCYL because supposedly removing AEB posts can void any warranty...
If the kegs are the high quality that they claim to be, the warranty should be a non-issue. But yeah, the bit about affecting the warranty if you maintain the posts... that's very odd. Not sure if they had a lot of issues with people cross-threading the posts when reinstalling or something, but it did rub me the wrong way.

On the other hand, I ordered some AEB kegs and they accidentally shipped me AMCYL, instead. The AMCYL kegs seemed like quality kegs, but they had a very strong odor. It wasn't necessarily an industrial, chemical smell... kind of spicy, like they were manufactured near a spice factory or something. I'm sure it came from the rubber. They probably would have worked fine, if I had not returned them for what I actually ordered.

Thanks for the info. The last kegs I bought were in the early 2000's and I just haven't paid much attention to the market since then.

6 Amcyl kegs bought new. One had a welding defect in the lid - the vendor gave me a whole new keg! I bought a lid, so now I have 7.

They've been just fine. I have no complaints; also, no experience with other brands.

When I wanted new kegs I spent a week or 2 reading every possible review I could find on every brand of keg available, and here's what I got: AMCYL are made in India and can and do make some of the best cornies you can buy, eg: They are the OEM who makes the MicroMatic branded kegs and those ones have very happy users with not one complaint, but: I don't know the proper business jargon for it but they have 'tiered' output channels tied to quality level and not all vendors sell kegs of equal quality.... There are more complaints of manufacturing flaws with AMCYL than any other keg hands down, but it seems to depend on who you buy them from. Most complaints name the seller as being on ebay or amazon, but even some of our large dealers in Canada get these complaints. If the specific dealer you're looking at on amazon has a lot of good reviews from happy customers, I'd say go for it, otherwise keep looking but let the reviewers spend their cash before you do.
:mug:

I recently bought 2 of the 5 gallon kegs directly from the company that supplies the ones you are looking at. I've only used them once but they seem of good quality and I had no problems with them.

Latest posts

Back