amber pet mini kegs from brazil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluketamer

Reaction score
1699016082451.png

doubt i could get these stateside but this is my dream keg
lightweight low profile see through graduated with handle and the cap appears to have ball locks and a prv valve. wow
https://keggi.com.br/

Just curious, what do you like about the Keggi vs the Oxebar? It looks cooler than the Oxebar, but that's all I'm seeing.

i dont like the 8 l oxebar because the center of gravity is too high up . its too top heavy especially when they get low in beer. i like low squat bottles to use as minikegs. . they fit in mini fridges better especially once the tap heads/ ball locks or whatever you put on top of them are on . i really like kegging in PET for many reasons. i wanted the 4 l oxebar since january specifically for its low profile. but it is suspiciously always out of stock? makes me wonder if they were ever made available. i think the only reviews o i saw of them are of people who were given them by KL to try out. if they ever became available i would get them for the price point alone. i currently use these:

in 2.5 and 3.5 liter size and i love them:

1699135724886.png

unfortunately they lack a prv but they are dirt cheap.

however i would prefer either 4 , 5 or 10 liter if they are short and round like barrels.

i also really like the fully integrated small cap on keggi. looks less likely to have places to leak then the OB.

i found a seller of keggi through facebook that ships to the US. i may get one for fun depending on the shipping.

for me the only problem with kegging in bottles is that the small neck doesnt allow me to get in there and clean it but thats the same as the little mini ss 2 liter vevor type kegs.
i like the graduations on the side. and yes it does look cooler then oxebar and thats a plus.

i dont like the 8 l oxebar because the center of gravity is too high up . its too top heavy especially when they get low in beer. i like low squat bottles to use as minikegs. . they fit in mini fridges better especially once the tap heads/ ball locks or whatever you put on top of them are on . i really like kegging in PET for many reasons. i wanted the 4 l oxebar since january specifically for its low profile. but it is suspiciously always out of stock? makes me wonder if they were ever made available. i think the only reviews o i saw of them are of people who were given them by KL to try out. if they ever became available i would get them for the price point alone. i currently use these:

in 2.5 and 3.5 liter size and i love them:

View attachment 833177

unfortunately they lack a prv but they are dirt cheap.

however i would prefer either 4 , 5 or 10 liter if they are short and round like barrels.

i also really like the fully integrated small cap on keggi. looks less likely to have places to leak then the OB.

i found a seller of keggi through facebook that ships to the US. i may get one for fun depending on the shipping.

for me the only problem with kegging in bottles is that the small neck doesnt allow me to get in there and clean it but thats the same as the little mini ss 2 liter vevor type kegs.
i like the graduations on the side. and yes it does look cooler then oxebar and thats a plus.

Please post your thoughts on the Keggi if you order one.

Never considered the Oxebar to be top heavy. I'd like to have a couple just for moving near empty kegs and/or to have a little upstairs. What I like about them being tall and slender is they might be narrow enough to fit in the door shelf of my fridge.

im trying to acquire keggis via western union shipping maybe in a group buy. you can use them (oxebars ) on the side in the fridge also but its a little tricky cause they like to roll around when on the side.

also i find short and squat just works better when kegging in PET bottles.

PET kegs are much lighter than stainless steel and have a tendency to want to tip over when low in beer. therefor the shorter the better

Back