Amazon Store Front - Bargain Home Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only purchased one item from them, not a brew pot though, and didn't have any problems. Great price and fast shipping.

I pulled the trigger and purchased one. i will update when i receive it. fingers crossed.

I'm looking at buying an 8 gallon Update International pot from them soon ($85 and free shipping with Prime). Have you gotten this yet?

I pulled the trigger and purchased one. i will update when i receive it. fingers crossed.

Definitely give us an in depth review. It looks good from the pics. I would like to get my hands on a reliable 15g at this price.

I don't really understand the whole spigot on the bottom of the pot. Can someone please explain to me why this is better than a regular pot?

I don't really understand the whole spigot on the bottom of the pot. Can someone please explain to me why this is better than a regular pot?

Ease of cleaning and, when used as a MLT, hardly any wasted wort without tipping the tun.

Thanks for posting. I was going to get a Bayou Classic 44 qt ss pot, and drill holes for a weldless spigot and thermometer.

For only slightly more I've got the same mash tun (minus one gallon) but with the welds installed. That's quite a deal.

If induction ready is not a requirement, one can purchase a 42-quart (10.5-gallon) top-shelf American-made Polar Ware 361BP kettle with a much better geometry and an American-made ball valve that is NSF listed for $174.87.

http://www.katom.com/002-361BP.html

Note: The brew pot shown in the photograph on Katom's website is the 60-quart (15-gallon) 601BP, not the 10.5-gallon 361BP. The 601BP has a funky geometry. The 361BP has a inside diameter of 14" and height of 16".

Here's better photo of the 42-quart Polar Ware 361BP (on the right in the photo):

PRO_PW-HomeBrewProducts_gr_01_2013-07-29.jpg

The 361BP does not ship with a thermometer (it ships with a plug for thermometer port), but a Polar Ware 5015 thermometer is $17.78 (http://www.katom.com/002-5015.html). I have never found a need to have a thermometer on a brewing kettle.

The Polar Ware 5014 false bottom for the 361bp is $69.00.

http://www.katom.com/002-5014.html

Ok so i received the kettle this morning.
took out of box and was surprised to see weldless fitting instead of the welded ones i ordered. i think i like weldless better.
Pot feels really sturdy. i will update once i can fill with water afterwork.

IMG_20140127_132928845_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140127_132602258.jpg

IMG_20140127_132608501_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140127_133004315.jpg

10 is what i ordered. i will verify once i can fill with water

Thanks, I was looking at getting one but that's a little too tall for my needs. Otherwise it looks like good quality and I would pick one up if it were shorter.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Home Brew mobile app

Confirmed it is a 10 gallon.
There is a slight drip from ball valve but i am assuming that is because i didnt not install with teflon tape.
Do you remove valve after every brew or can i leave in place?

I have a similar set up and haven't removed my valve in 4 years (Ever). I always heat up my water then run a little out the valve to make sure it's clean.

It's a nice looking pot but it does not have welded ports, as advertised; this was the main draw for me as it was reasonably priced if it included that feature. I could have bought a cheaper pot and drilled my own holes for weldless attachments, if that is what I wanted, and I probably could have saved about $35 that way. Still you have to wonder if the money I could have saved is worth the same amount as the effort it would have taken to drill holes as perfect with a step drill.

Still the three layer bottom will probably come in handy as I'm using this as a mash tun with direct heat.

I ordered an 8 gallon without fittings (Update International), and it just came today. It's a really nice SS pot, but it unfortunately came with a huge dent in the side. Returning for a replacement...

would love to know how that replacement went. Mine went horrible.

Because it was sold through amazon and not by amazon exchanging it is impossible. I ended up just returning it (they paid shipping because it came damaged) with the intention of ordering one again when I was credited back the money. Then the next day I found myself in a restaurant supply store for something else and found a pot with all the same specs for $10 less. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back