AMAZING PRICE on 50' Immersion Chiller!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avwfreak

Reaction score
HI everyone!

FYI, I found this 50' immersion chiller on EBAY from the seller Learn To Brew Dot Com. The sellers name or ID is Chrism5446.

The price is $65.95 and FREE SHIPPING!! I recieved it in 4 days and it is perfect quality, nice bends and great soldering for the hose fitting on top. I just thought I would share this with everyone.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-Feet-Long-Im...all_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item3ef3ba2d61

I am so excited to use this bad boy with my new sanke keg kettle.:rockin:

UPDATE: I don't know how to upload pics, please direct me on how to do so. Thanks!

Upload the pics to some picture hosting website, (I prefer www.imgur.com , cuz it's easy to use).

Copy the URL of the image, Imgur actually has a "message boards" link, which is already wrapped in the IMG tags. Paste that IMG link here, it will look like
yourimage

I bought 2 chillers on Ebay from this guy:

http://shop.ebay.com/nybrewsupply/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

and I have been extremely happy with its quality. I actually asked him to make me a 66 foot pre-chiller and customize the 55 footer (needed the risers shortened few inches).

I ordered and paid for both chillers on Friday and the guy made the custom changes for me over the weekend and shipped on MONDAY!

All the parts are high quality, especially the hose adapters which were welded to the pipes directly.

See more info about my chillers and prechillers on my blog (see sig below)

Well, I actually never looked at the diamiter of the tube. All I know is that My HBS charges $55 for a 25' and everywhere else I have looked the chiller is around $80 or more.

I thought it was a good deal :)

Is the same chiller that someone started a thread about claiming that it was ridiculously tiny? Like oil can diameter tiny?

I don't want to trash a product wrongly but the fact that it is 3/8" is an red flag for me.

Is the same chiller that someone started a thread about claiming that it was ridiculously tiny? Like oil can diameter tiny?

I don't want to trash a product wrongly but the fact that it is 3/8" is an red flag for me.

no, i believe that is from Brewster Brown, and it is made of 1/4 inch tubing.

3/8 isn't bad, just not as good as 1/2inch. the 3/8inch IC is more suited for a 5gal boil, or a partial boil, whereas the 1/2inch is great for 5-10gallon batches.

no, i believe that is from Brewster Brown, and it is made of 1/4 inch tubing.

3/8 isn't bad, just not as good as 1/2inch. the 3/8inch IC is more suited for a 5gal boil, or a partial boil, whereas the 1/2inch is great for 5-10gallon batches.

Yep, you got it. I just remember seeing the picture of that 1/4" one with nothing around it, even the hose fittings carefully cropped out of the picture, and then the photo the guy posted next to something so that you could see how it looked like a prop for a Robot Chicken or Ken T Golding episode. :) Very funny.

But hey, only $30 for a 50' chiller! :D

No, this chiller is very big. It is very nice and build well. I believe the diameter of the tubing is just fine. I remember there being a debate of 3/8 vs 1/2". I will post pics when I get home. The chiller is definitly the best deal I have found anywhere. 65 and no shipping. Post pics later.

coppertubingsales.com can get you that coil for under $45 shipped, but then you'd have to solder some fittings on. I can see wanting to just buy it at that price.

The reason I did not do it myself is because I do not have all the equipment and it would come out to the same price if not more by purchasing the equipment. I read/watched you DIY many times and wish I had the tools to do it. This chiller will suffice.

No, this chiller is very big. It is very nice and build well. I believe the diameter of the tubing is just fine. I remember there being a debate of 3/8 vs 1/2". I will post pics when I get home. The chiller is definitly the best deal I have found anywhere. 65 and no shipping. Post pics later.

I agree it is a fine size and deal. At probably minumum $50 for parts to diy paying them $15 for the value add is well worth it. I paid about $25 for parts for my 25' 1/2" id chiller.

Back