Aluminum Pot and heating element?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlager

Reaction score
I am sure there are others who have used this combination but hopefully I can get some good suggestions on this thread. I was recently gifted a 40 gallon aluminum pot and I would like to use a heating element with it. It is just a standard water heating element but I would like to have the ability to remove it for storage and cleaning purposes. Can anyone recommend an economical means of doing this? Thx in advance.

For easy removal and reinstallation, you may want to look at the kettle element enclosures at brewhardware.com, they sell a kit with a triclover flange for solder applications. I've purchased from them before and been very satisfied with the quality and design of their products. These are around $70 if I'm not mistaken, not exactly cheap, but they are specifically designed for the purpose of a providing an easily removable element. I have the kettle element pod in a weld less application at this time but I will be going to the soldered version once my new kettle arrives. The weld less version has been problem free for me and installation was simple.
It is SS though and my understanding is that soldering stainless to aluminum is possible with the right flux and solder. You may want to look into that before you decide.

I would prefer it to be weld less, but I do not want it to leak. I will check out that website you mentioned and hopefully some others will make some other suggestions.

Latest posts

Back