Alternative chest freezers to discontinued Holiday 5.0 cu ft?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jholtrop

Reaction score
I've been browsing the "Sizing your Chest Freezer for Corny Kegs" thread (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sizing-your-chest-freezer-corny-kegs-75449/) and found a couple pictures that look like what I would like:
8176d1224526634-sizing-your-chest-freezer-corny-kegs-beer-001.jpg

and
IMG_1721_Small_.jpg

The postings say those are the Holiday 5.0 cu ft chest freezer from Lowe's. It looks like there was also a Holiday 5.0 cu ft that had the compressor hump go the full length of the freezer instead of just taking 1/4 of the bottom or so like those screenshots show. Regardless, it appears that they are discontinued and unavailable (I just called Lowe's to confirm this as well)

I liked the small, square shape of the freezer for where I'm trying to put one with the compressor only taking 1/4 or so leaving room for 3 cornies and a tank on the hump. Does anyone know of an alternative chest freezer model that is small like this that can fit 3 cornies like this one could?

@enormous13 no, I never did. I ended up getting a Criterion CCF50M1W instead (I think from Menards). It is a bit wider but works well.

@enormous13 no, I never did. I ended up getting a Criterion CCF50M1W instead (I think from Menards). It is a bit wider but works well.
After looking around as much as I could, I ended up ordering the 5.5 cu ft Danby (from Home Depot/Best Buy). Still has the compressor hump that goes across the whole width of the interior, but the extra half cubic foot gives just enough space for what I needed.

Thanks man.

Back