Almond Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noe

Reaction score
We are getting ready to start a batch of almond wine and we were wondering if anyone has done a batch themselves. We have the recipe and everything, we were just wondering how it turned out. For an example the two batches we are going to do I am going to suspend oak chips in one.

If you added anything extra to your batch please let us know what you added and if you liked it.

Barf! Couldn't imagine what it'd taste like but maybe if you sweetened one, it'd be like amaretto/marzipan - especially with the oak flavouring. Good luck with it all dude, just posting to sub really :)

I never heard of this. So I did some googling, and read some recipe as wel as descriptions of some of the commercial versions...sounds intriqguing.

But I did stumble upon a thread in a winemaking forum that may be of help to you.

There's also a recipe for a pecan wine in that thread.

Keep us posted.

The one thing that I hadn't quite decided on is which yeast to use. I thought about the Lalvin ICV D-47 or the Lalvin EC-1118 (the EC-1118 just because it has a greater tolerance to cold temperatures when I stick it in the fridge with the oak chips.).

What yeast would you suggest?

Back