• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado All Stainless Single Tier RIMS 1/2-bbl System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenan

Reaction score
**** SOLD ****

So, I'm breaking down and selling my entire system. This is a super high quality all-stainless custom single tier RIMS system that I've built over the last few years. Details and pics here:
http://boulder.craigslist.org/art/4117255293.html

Complete system sale only. I will NOT part this out!
Local pickup in Boulder, CO only.

Thanks for looking

**** SOLD ****

That's a beauty, I just built one and am not in the market , but that is really nice. Good luck with the sale as well as the foundation issue. Sorry you guys are going through that stuff out there.

That's a beauty, I just built one and am not in the market , but that is really nice. Good luck with the sale as well as the foundation issue. Sorry you guys are going through that stuff out there.

Hey, thanks. Yeah we had foundation issues anyway and they were just amplified by the flood, so we kinda knew it was coming. Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Cheers

If only the floods had come a year ago.... no crsh for this now :( looks terrific

This is a beautiful system. Question: is there a sparge arm? Or does the RIMS make it unnecessary?

Hey there,

Great question - I should have taken a pic of the MLT return. Will try to do that soon... Basically it's just a silicon hose on a quick disconnect inside of the MLT, with a small float pushed onto the end of the hose to keep it on top of the liquid. It's similar to the Sabco BrewMagic design.

The question of whether or not a full sparge arm is necessary or better in a RIMS setup is a topic of debate. I personally feel that a simple single-port return is a more elegant solution overall, mainly because a sparge arm is difficult to engineer well for varying flow rates. They're also just a bit 'clunky' for my taste... I like the single hose on a quick disconnect... less moving parts to clean/maintain, and less clutter.

with a small float pushed onto the end of the hose to keep it on top of the liquid.

That is an awesome idea. I'm building my own system, but if you wouldn't mind, I would love to know what float you're using and where I could get one in trade for the bump :)

FYI when I search 'homebrew' on my android CL app, this add is not listed in the results for Boulder. It's in an open search far as categories are concerned just for keywords.

FYI when I search 'homebrew' on my android CL app, this add is not listed in the results for Boulder. It's in an open search far as categories are concerned just for keywords.

Thanks for the heads up. I couldn't figure out how to add key words to the ad.. is that not a CL feature anymore? Anyway, I put 'homebrew' in the title and it's showing up in searches now.

Back