All of my hops seemed to have stalled pretty bad this year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Is there anything I should do to give them a little jump start. I've been out of town most of the spring and summer. They just look sad

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405131958.539506.jpgtImageUploadedByHome Brew1405131967.897791.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1405131975.871571.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1405131982.762480.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Opps.. It certainly need water man. It would be ideal if you give them water extraordinary amount man. They want to climb

Yea I'm putting in poles tomorrow I'll water them more. I gave them a little more emulsion too they are looking a bit better

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Your soil looks dry and low in humus. Top dress with some compost and lay down some mulch. A bit of manure or bone meal mixed in wouldn't be a bad idea. I use organic mulch like shredded leaves or grass clippings on top. Mulch should help the soil absorb and retain moisture better. Also water every 1-3 days depending on rainfall. Dont do poles, they like hemp string. Drive stakes into the ground and run string up to your fence and back down a few times.

Latest posts

Back