All grain is crazy cheap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 lbs of 2-Row - $4.80 (got in on a group buy - insanely low prices)
2 lbs of Vienna - $3.90
2.5 lbs of 10L - $4.75
3 oz of hops - $2.70
total $16.15 for a 5.5 gallon batch.
58 bottles equals a little over 9 six packs.
My house beer is an APA that compares very favorably to SNPA, and that would be almost a hundred bucks at the corner store.
I'm sure I am missing some onesies and twosies like propane, caps, and priming sugar (not to mention Irish Moss - at a ridiculous ten to fifteen cents per batch!), and I'm sure not going to include my time as a cost, but I think you can see where I'm going with this.

And as soon as you figure it out, can you PM me?

You'll kill a sack of 2 row before you know it.

It took me about six weeks, but I did a few batches since I tore open the first sack that didn't use 2-Row. Now, I just started on the second bag, and found out the next group buy was cancelled because the host backed out of the negotiations. Not panicking yet, but thinking about it!

i get into group-buys with the lhbs's. about $36 for a bag of 2-row, about $50 for a 55lb pils or a 55lb wheat. that $41 for the 11g ipa is everything - malt, yeast, hops ( from hopsdirect ), and gas

Back