all grain brewing systems??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickrk

Reaction score
:drunk: Looking for some good information/ links on AG systems. I am in the process of getting materials together to build one right now.
I have three ss kegs sitting here waiting to be transformed and an unused conical that deserves to be full.
I would also like some input on any one cooking with natural gas versus propane. Thanks

I'm right there with you trick. I'm ready to get started in AG, but still looking for the best set up. There seems to be a lot of ways to skin a cat. I'll be watching this thread closely too for any advise.

The three kegs is a great start. I built a wooden 3-tier platform for mine, had valves welded to the kegs, plus some nipples to screw in thermometers. I bought two burners (one for kettle, one for hot liquor), and of course a bunch of hose and valves and whatnot.

It's simple and effective and there's very little to break. IMHO a three tier gravity flow system is the way to go (having tried other ways). With kegs, you can do 12-13 gallons no problem.

Cheers :D

Janx, do you have any pics of your setup to post? I looked to see if you had a gallery to no avail.

I agree with Janx that the 3 tier is the most simple design. After looking at the link suggested by Canadianhomebrewer I rather like the 2 tier system. The reduction in height and the space savings would be worth the cost of a pump.
What do you think about using natural gas over propane??

ian said:
Janx, do you have any pics of your setup to post? I looked to see if you had a gallery to no avail.

I have some somewhere, but I've been lazy. I'll try to get some posted soon...this Flanders Red is going to go until after dark I have a feeling ;)

Picture three kegs on a big wooden staircase where the steps are each as tall as a keg. That's my system ;)

Back