• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale All grain brew system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GR22

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am unfortunately getting out of the hobby. I have a complete all grain system available for sale. Too many items to list individually. Everything is sized to produce 5 gallons of finished beer. This is a full all-grain brewing system. Included amongst other things: Large SS boil pot with SS drain spout/valve welded in, large cooler for mashing grains also with drain spout/valve, sparge equipment, all equipment needed to bottle including bottles, large natural gas burner for boiling wert, cooling coils, fermentation containers, bottles, stir plate/ flask for yeast, etc., etc., etc.. Basically everything needed for all grain brewing. There's too much to ship, but I'd be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet someone half way if necessary. I don't want to part this out as I'm afraid I'd be left with too many odds and ends. $550 takes everything.
Brewing2.jpg

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be much interest in used gear like this. I advertised locally and didn't get any interest either. Do you all think the price isn't right? This is a lot of gear. Or, is there just not much interest in the hobby any more?

I don't mean any offense, but it is priced way too high. The only things that have much of a used resale value are the chiller, maybe the larger pot (depending on size), possibly the burner and stir plate. I think realistically $150 is the top you would get for the lot.

Once people make the switch to all-grain from extract the trend is BIAB or electric all in ones.

You could try Craig's List or Facebook Marketplace. I have seen a lot of systems for sale in TX, so that may be an issue also.
Actually, I never expected an existing home brewer would be interested in all this. I thought it would be ideal, however, for someone wanting to enter the hobby. I tried FB, but not Craig’s List. I’d discount it all heavily if I could be sure it was going to a new home brewer. I heavily discounted a “beginner” guitar once only to find out the guy was reselling it at a higher price.

I personally would just keep it unless 100% sure I was never going to brew again (or need the space).

Otherwise I would just give it to a friend that is interested and you can be an official taste tester of their beer.

Back