All Grain-All Stovetop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludovico

Reaction score
On the weekend I did a weizenbock partial mash on the stovetop (using deathbrewer's method) and it turned out well. I was able to maintain a good mash temperature for 60 minutes, losing only 2-2.5 degrees. OG was nearly exactly where beersmith predicted (1.072) and it fermented vigorously right away.

My question is this: Is there any reason I couldn't do an all grain beer using this same method? My kettle is 10 gallons with a spigot at the bottom and seems to insulate effectively enough. I live in an apartment and there is no room for a cooler/mash tun setup. Thanks for your help, this forum is invaluable!

Depends on if you can boil 10g on your stovetop.

Take a look below this thread for "similar threads" -- there at the top is a GREAT thread by DeathBrewer on stovetop allgrain brewing.

I've been using the method in the above link for my past 2-3 brews and have had good results. On the first try my efficiency kindof sucked but I am getting better. Actually, on my latest Baltic Porter I planned for OG 1.092 at 70% efficiency and ended up with an OG of 1.112....it's going to be a beast. Anyway, the point is there is no reason you can't get decent results doing single infusion AG on stovetop. It's not the best set-up, but it gets the job done.

Latest posts

Back