Alabama vote.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The alvin holmes of the senate is keeping the legislative process from working.
I'd shoot myself if I had to listen to this halfwit all day.

I just don't get it. Why do they allow all the B.S. talking not related to the current bill ? I guess that's why Waggoner jumped in and petitioned to put a stop at 1:52pm.

Looks like the senate minority got their feelings hurt so they are going filibuster the rest of the session to keep the majority from getting anything done.

Instead of being pricks, they could put up the vote and move on to some REAL legislation. One reason American politics sucks to me is the crap they pull over relatively minor issues.

I guess there are no bills to raise their wages sitting right behind that one...

You Bammers must really love Alabama to put up with her warts and all. Kind of makes me want to visit.

WELL... I am originally from New York, have also lived in Michigan, Tennessee and Oregon... If I could live on the coast, I would CONSIDER moving back to Oregon, baring that I wouldn't return to any other place I've lived

I've only ever flown over on the way to NOLA. Must be something to it if so many of you arent leaving.

What's the most quinticential Alabama food/dish by the way?

I was forced to google that. Hey, I'm not too urbane to enjoy a plate of chain restaurant wings and a mug of Fosters.

Sorry for the hijack btw. Thought maybe if the New Yorker could say something dumb to piss you off at least you wouldnt be thinking about your local politics for a few moments.

WELL... I am originally from New York, have also lived in Michigan, Tennessee and Oregon... If I could live on the coast, I would CONSIDER moving back to Oregon, baring that I wouldn't return to any other place I've lived

Wow, what part of Michigan were you in? I'd NEVER want to live in a big city, but there is plenty of "up north" that's pretty laid back.

I'd have to say BBQ. Pork BBQ. Like a lot of different southern states though.

Birmingham is a bit of a mini-mecca for good food/restaurants. Never really figured out why, but there are a lot of very good chefs and restaurants in Birmingham.

Is this some sort of filibuster on the original topic of this thread?

The BBQ here is second to none... The original Dreamland in Tuscaloosa is one of the coolest places I have been in my life. In north Alabama there is Big Bob Gibson's and a TON of places that learned from him... In Florence, we have Wright's, Bunyan's, Dick Howell's and Southern BBQ... all fantastic places. I have been all over the country and we have the best Tex-Mex food I have ever had (no idea why!). I have eaten Indian food all across the country and as far west as Shanghai China and as far East as London, UK... Tuscaloosa and Birmingham have the best I have ever eaten.

Ok, so I go on about food, but there ARE other things I love about the state... and I even say that hating collegiate sports and having ZERO interest in NASCAR!

I've only ever flown over on the way to NOLA. Must be something to it if so many of you arent leaving.

There is none.

I've been around with TN and AL being the top two time spent places I've lived and while AL isn't my ideal... I escaped California to live here so for me it could be worse.

Wow, what part of Michigan were you in? I'd NEVER want to live in a big city, but there is plenty of "up north" that's pretty laid back.

I grew up in Hadley, if you know where that is... about an hour north of Detroit, maybe 30-45 from Flint (depending on exactly where), closest town of any size was Lapeer (which was about 8k population when I lived in the area). Where I lived the nearest paved road was a mile away as the crow flies, if you went in the other direction it was about 30 miles to the nearest paved road. Pretty rural place :D I also lived in Kalamazoo and Richland (a rural community near K-zoo)

Agree to disagree. A) I've had better. B) Dreamland has fantastic sauce but their meat leaves a little to be desired imo.

Did you go to the shack on Jug Factory road or one of the satellite locations? If you had less than stellar ribs at the old shack, that would be an anomaly. I'm not saying they have the BEST ribs, but they are better than 95% of what is out there. The best BBQ in the state is in the Northwest corner, from Decatur on towards Mississippi...

Did you go to the shack on Jug Factory road or one of the satellite locations? If you had less than stellar ribs at the old shack, that would be an anomaly. I'm not saying they have the BEST ribs, but they are better than 95% of what is out there. The best BBQ in the state is in the Northwest corner, from Decatur on towards Mississippi...

Yes. I wasn't impressed tbh. Personally I think the best bbq I've had in Alabama is at a small place in Selma but I'll admit I think that the sauce may have been the key component there as well. JNN had decent to good meat at one point years ago but I think they've cheaped out considerably and they're horrendously managed so there isn't much chance of them aiming high.

"I don't want this to turn into a crazy day...I call it the crazy train, the train with no brakes that jumps the tracks."

Too late...

As I don't eat shrimp I couldn't weigh in on that if I wanted to. I can taste the iodine in them. :(

That said... Is there a list somewhere of the bills they're considering?

Back