airlock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galaxyglass

Reaction score
im a complete noob, i just cooked up my first batch 9-23-08 (an extract amber ale) everything is going smooth so far, ive been soaking in a lot of info from this forum. thanks btw!

i wanted to share this with you to see what ya'll think. im a lampworker by trade and was kinda bored the other day so i decide to make a few airlocks, i made one to duplicate the plastic ones then i made this one.

hehe i was kinda going for a mad scientist/over complicated look. i know if my beer decided to blow through this thing i would never get it clean but its not really a big deal cause it would probably just make a new one LOL.

l_c7f8ad8c9829436abf7ece597d90eab6.jpg

l_3d07983f92ec42b39ae500d6b38f5f21.jpg

Where does the bowl go?

Oh come on I can't be the only one to think that! But yea it's seriously way cool.

hey! thanks for all the positive feed back. i would be open to the idea of selling these..... a few questions

what is the rules on here for selling stuff?, (id probably just link to my esty.com account)

what are your thoughts on coloring these, transparent colors would be ok i think, but opaque you wouldnt be able to see inside and sanitation might be an issue?

do you think it would be a problem for the beer it were harder for the air to get out (more pressure) than a regular plastic on?

what would you pay for custom, one of a kind, handmade, glass airlocks?

once i have some free time later this week ill make a few more, ive got some pretty good ideas, and ill see how they turn out.

p.s. i just purchased the ingrediants for my next brew, a scottish ale. gonna brew on wednesday....exited.

im in Fort Collins, its beer city! that second airlock i would probably sell for 45$
ill pm my email. i like doing custom stuff too.

OH you are way too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW...Keep being bored....make some more works of art.

Hey, wasn't it orfy who has a collection of antique glass airlocks? He posted some a few weeks back....You should take a look at the old school ones.

Back